Saturday, June 02, 2012

Bits and Pieces Swap

Hello everyone - What a crazy week I've had. Today we had people over all day - celebrating my son and my nephew's birthdays. It was lots of fun and we did a lot of chatting. Yesterday I went on an all-day field trip to the coast to explore tide pools. Very fun but exhausting with lots of second and first-graders! I am so looking forward to summer so I can do absolutely nothing! But I had to just log on now and post some pictures of a super fun swap I did, called the "Bits and Pieces Swap." It was hosted by my dear friend Joyce, and I'd do anything for her! :) She matched me up with a partner named, Jo and below you can see the wonderful art board she sent me. Isn't it awesome! I told her that I loved birds and bird watching and she designed this for me.
As you can see I've already hung it up in my studio. Every time my daughter walks by she touches the little owl pendant! She loves it too!
Here is the one I made for Jo, below. She said that she liked dogs and flowers. I used vintage dog images that I thought were so pretty! I also got a little carried away with the glitter!....
Thank you Jo and Joyce for this fun opportunity. :) Also - want to give a shout out to my son who is turning the big FOURTEEN this week! He is wonderful and makes me proud. Growing up before my eyes and over six feet tall - I am blessed. :) Have a great week everyone! :)

6 comments:

marie said...

Love both of these! Jo is my daughter-in-law and this was her very first swap! I love how you used her initial in the middle square!
This swap was such fun...I'm so glad Joyce put it all together!

Scrap for Joy said...

I love the way you designed this piece for Jo using themes that she likes with your distinctive touch! So Laurie! Thanks for posting the pictures of Jo's board for you. Now they are all featured! I'm so glad you joined in on this swap cause I know you are a busy Mom and crafter..I loved having all of my favorite friends in on this!
xoxo
Joyce

Jo said...

I'm so glad you like it! I have to admit, the owl charm is my favorite too. Thanks for taking the time to post. I appreciate it. Hope you get to have lots of fun this summer and some relaxing too. :-)

South City Hues said...

Hi Laurie. I enjoyed this swap as well. Both of these are so good. Everyone did such fun & fabulous work!

deb said...

Wow!! The piece you made is so vintage looking but also bright and cheery! What a sweet piece Jo made for you too. Happy Birthday to Noah. I was thinking of him. :) I can't believe he's 14 though. Doesn't seem possible.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.